Health and Safety / Member Associations
Safety is our core value at Maverick and in the aftermath of a storm or natural disaster, the safety of our employees and the public will always be our number one priority. We are dedicated to providing the safest possible work environment and focused on ensuring that every member of the team goes home safely, every day. All levels of management at Maverick are accountable for safe and efficient work practices and procedures and are fully trained and highly experienced in these. At Maverick we will never compromise on safety. We are an ISNetworld certified company with an “A” rating, with an exemplary .74 MOD rating.
Our safety program incorporates the following:
- ISNetworld Safety Qualified
- MOD Rating – .74 for Construction, Design and Field Engineering
- Edison Electrical Institute Platinum Rating
- Fit for Duty Policy – Requiring all employees to arrive at work on time and ready for duty.
- Drugs and Alcohol – Maverick operates a drug free and alcohol-free company. Employees are subject to pre-employment screening as well as random screening.
- Training – Maverick provides continued training for all employees including CPR, First Aid w/Blood Borne Pathogens, OSHA, Overhead, Underground and Safety.
- JSSP – every construction or field site visited requires a job specific site plan, which outlines the potential Risks and Hazards, and the recovery and protection process in case encountered.
- Daily/Weekly Tailgate Meetings – long term programs have built in site meetings for personnel to discuss encounters, safety topics and reiteration of past training on a weekly basis.